Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year from Sri Lanka!!!!
I think I'm the only one in my family who has decided last minute to just leave the country. (especially with the country in question being Thailand)
But my plans to go to Vietnam for New Year fell apart - and I suddenly remembered my dear friend Sheena was home for the holidays in Sri Lanka, lives in the capital, and I always did want to visit... It was only a four hour flight!
Of course, my bus broke down on the way to the airport - twice, so I missed my flight! But I moved it to Saturday night and I'm staying until tomorrow. Two days - but so worth it!!
Ah, it feels so good to be out of Thailand just for a little while. I keep having to catch myself from waiing (bowing) as a greeting, using Thai, or -gasp- falling into my Thai accent. (Sheena finds it hilarious)
Okay - time for lunch. Will post pictures when I'm back in Thailand!!!

No comments: