Sunday, January 24, 2010

Realization of Potential

I'm going to be busy this semester, as in I've-never-been-so-busy-but-for-last-semester-Taylor busy.

AND IT'S AWESOME!!! I'm so happy to be busy - I've always felt like I waste so much time and could be doing more. Not this semster.

So my schedule: I'm doing work-study under one of the new International Comm. teachers who's majorly into virtual collaboration. So that's 10 hours as well as the fact I'm TAing his class, Cross Cultural Collaboration in Global Virtual Teams, which means I get it for free.

I've been trying to get more paid work, even applied to be Admin. Assistant to Southeast Asia for International Justice Mission!!! (which would be so sweet), but no bites so far. So I agreed to intern for the Intercultural Management Institute again. I.e. I love working there and can go to free Skills Institutes again. (Yay!) So that's another 15 hours.

I have full courses, T&W night, Program Eval (in ID, pretty heavy) and Implementing Cross-Cultural Training Programs (at George Washington - finally got fully registered) and then every other Saturday: Managing International/Intercultural Programs.

Very happy with my selection, though if I don't get into the PhD program, next year's going to be a bit rough.

Then, I have: Chi Alpha small group, Interfaith Board meeting (though I'm more of attend-the-events, not plan person), The Gathering worship service, InterVarsity Graduate meet, Gospel Choir, TALK program (International students-American, very cool) and then Chi Alpha worship.

So, yup, I'm busy! Of course, I haven't actually done one of these full weeks yet, so we'll see what happens. (Though I did manage to get all this scheduled so I don't have to ever wake up before 9 am. :))

No comments: