Okay, so while I have the time: Ahna is my roommate!! She's the oldest of 7 and we have the most awesome discussions about missions, Buddhism and our Christian frustrations.
I met most of the group in Tokyo: Paige, Zoe, Caryn & Karen, Chike & JR (‘my’ guy), ‘Brad’ (Thomas). We're all on the 5th floor of one of the international Chulalongkorn dorms, but Zoe & Brad are on the 8th practically alone. Our rooms are air-conditioned room with daily maid service, so sweet! We're around the corner from massive Lotus (similar to Walmart – and someone spotted a smiley face winking so we wonder...) and 7-11. Everything, and I repeat, just about everything is there - making me wish I'd packed even lighter. We're a 15-ish minute walk to Chula. Building, there's a library – but no wireless network key yet.
We already befriended this girl Karla from Austria (soo helpful, take to eat, to use computer, get water, nice places to vacay), but she's leaving soon so there's a party for her next Tuesday. She teases it's for our arrival.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good news! So two days ago I was feeling depressed, just sitting on my bed trying to work on my grad application essays – i.e. playing freecell and asking myself how long it was going to take to make myself work.
And finally, I got off and asked myself ‘what should I do to get out of this’? First of all, I realized I was off-schedule. I’ve been good with my vitamins, but something had to give and so I took my pill. Then I sorted through my bag packed with random stuff for school and the miscellaneous that wouldn’t fit in my carry-ons for stuff I needed for the coming weeks: sticky tack and flossers for example. So then I decorated the room with the posters/etc. that I brought, just like Ahna had just done. I bumped into Karla and arranged to go to dinner with her and others. So when we went, we bumped into Chike, JR, Paige & Kate! They were headed to the Night Bazaar after a run, but got turned around! So we all ate together - and I had a great long talk with Ahna in the end.
Thank you so much for your prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment